To encourage Research & Development in the Transfusion Medicine and related technology.
- A corpus of funds shall be made available to NBTC/SBTCs to facilitate research in transfusion medicine and technology related to blood banking.
- A technical resource core group at national level shall be created to co-ordinate research and development in the country. This group shall be responsible for recommending implementation of new technologies and procedures in coordination with DC(1).
- Multi-centric research initiatives on issues related to Blood Transfusion shall be encouraged.
- To take appropriate decisions and/or introduction of policy initiatives on the basis of factual information, operational research on various aspects such as various aspects of Transfusion Transmissible Diseases, Knowledge, Attitude and Practices (KAP) among donors, clinical use of blood, need assessment etc shall be promoted.
- Computer based information and management systems shall.be developed which can be used by all the centres regularly to facilitate networking.